Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A BIZARRE DAY

April 1 celebrated as Fools Day always comes out with its spring of surprises and today was no exception. The only difference was that today I was baffled because I was wary and cautious!!!!Nevertheless today has been phenomenal.


Today is the day to play pranks and dupe our unsuspecting friends and acquaintances.So today you tend to be more sceptic and less gullible.I too was circumspect lest somebody should make fun of me.


I went to microprocessor class.Abhishek walked towards me and congratulated me (his wry smile on the face) for bagging the BITSAA scholarship.Well here starts the prank.I never applied for any such thing.Surely you must be kidding.Saurav reiterated my views,"Congrats if its true lekin mere ko lagta nahi ki yeh sach bol raha hain". The class was over and then Mohit came with the same news. The rumour has spread.Come on guys,I am not a buffoon.It seems there is a bunch of guys out there to bamboozle me.


But what if it is true???So setting aside my lethargy,I staggered towards the FD-2 notice board. There was the typical bright sun up in the sky glowing in its full intensity.Abhisekh you wont be spared  if its a prank.
Lol....Oh my god! Its true.I was on cloud nine.BITS Alumni Assoc. International Inc* (formed by Bitsians in U.S.) has selected me  for a  scholarship and my name was put forward by a board of faculty.25k bucks!!No words but surely that goes down as one of my happiest moments.Thank you Abhishek.I should have been a lot more credulous.


The fact that I was recieving the award in memory of the late Vamsi and Prasanna who died in September 11 WTC attacks,2002 made me lose the sheen of joy.May the Lord cut the bloody hands of terrorism and may the departed souls off all victims to terrorism remain in peace.It has been God's grace that I bagged this.Thanks to my parents,teachers ,sister and friends who have been supportive throughout.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on the post here